28 May 2006

Porec

This was my hotel in Porec. It's a real eyesore I know but at least it's hidden by trees. There are actually quite a few of these in Porec as it's been a major resort town for German and Italian holiday makers for years. The nice things are that the hotel was really comfortable, quite cheap for what it is (less than 30 euro for one night) and included a huge proper breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc.). In addition to that the hotel also had a lounge singer in the lobby at night and no one there under 50, officially making it one of the more interesting places I've ever stayed. The fact that there are lots of these hotels in town (and all managed by the same company oddly enough) means that there are no little old ladies waiting at the bus station to sell rooms. Now that I think about it I saw one of these going up in Dubrovnik, but I thought it would be a really exclusive resort.

So my final Croatia tally is that I got to see 9 of the 10 places I wanted to see. Of them, four I really enjoyed, two I really did not, and three places I wasn't there long enough to have a really informed opinion, but in those places I did see the major sites and I liked them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home