12 May 2006

Taranto

Not exactly where I wanted to spend my birthday. The original plan was to find some nice little mediterranean village and go mountain biking, but when I found out that the ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik only sailed once a week on Wednesdays I decided to spend the day doing what I love the most, traveling. A series of four trains and one boat was to get me from Catania to Bari in about 12 hours, just in time to catch the overnight ferry to Dubrovnik. Well, one delayed train threw the whole carefully planned route into a big mess and when I realized I wouldn't make the ferry I changed the plan again. I ended up in Taranto where I spent the night in order to go to Alberobello on Thursday. Taranto was quite lively. It seemed like everyone in the city was out on the waterfront that night. There was a full orchestra playing in the center of town and some of the streets and bulidings were decorated with lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home