27 June 2006

Liechtenstein border crossing

I read somewhere that the post office in Liechtenstein would stamp your passport for a fee of something like 3 euro for the people who collect these sorts of things. Well forget that!! The only person who is going to stamp my passport is a border guard and the only way to meet a Liechtenstein border guard is to cross into the country from Austria. I also correctly figured that the passengers on the bus from Austria would not have to face passport control and therefore the only way to get a stamp would be to walk across the border. This was really exciting, all the borders I've crossed and this is the only one I've crossed on foot! They make it really easy, there are Postbus stops on either side of the border so I didn't have to walk very far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home