04 September 2006

Abandon ship!

I quickly found out that this whole sailing thing is not for me. Maybe it was because a night in jail or a soaking wet tent is more comfortable that a night in a yacht bunk bed. Maybe it was because I threw up four times on my first voyage. But the main thing is that I like "hot and dry" and sailing is all about "cold and wet". The two things I was worried about (being able to learn all the technical stuff quickly and having to spend time with a bunch of Brits) really weren't that bad. One thing I didn't anticipate though was the food on board, it was disgusting. My throwing up may have been more a result of food poisoning from some bad tomato soup than actually being seasick. I got out at the first available opportunity on the Isle of Wight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home