04 September 2006

Hovercraft

Ever since I was a little kid I've always been facinated with different forms of transportation. Two things I've always wanted to travel on have been a hydrofoil and a hovercraft. I had the GI Joe toys of both! Anyway, I got to ride the hydrofoil last year when my brother and I went to Finland but a hovercraft ride has always eluded me until now. When I crossed the English channel recently I was expecting a hovercraft but found out the service had been discontinued. I finally found one from Ryde on the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth.

3 Comments:

Blogger TAZA said...

wonderfrul site and place, probably you loved john lennon. interesting coincidence: I have a place called a day in the life, and just found you for a strange coincidence! love anand taza www.taza.com.br
1 my lyrics / minhas canções
2 HereNow-AgoraJa

4/9/06 8:24 AM  
Blogger TAZA said...

pps:
place
the heartland magic - a coração mágico.

4/9/06 8:27 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Actually I didn't intend it as a Beatles reference. There is a heavy metal band called "day in the life..." and when I was working at a radio station I was sent a t-shirt from their record label. I loved that t-shirt very much and would wear it sometimes 4 or 5 straight days. I delighted in the irony of wearing a t-shirt that said "day in the life" for days and days at a time, and in many pictures of me I'm seen wearing this shirt, like it was one very long day. If I could still wear it I would for every picture of me that is on this blog. I think that would be funny.

11/9/06 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home