08 September 2006

Plan C

I had a backup plan if for some reason sailing didn't work out. The back up plan was to go to Beruit, and it was a good idea but the logistics just didn't work out. Middle East Airlines is now being allowed to fly to Beruit via Amman, Jordan. I could have tried getting on one of these flights but it would have meant: 1. Spending hours in a line at Heathrow with no guarantee I would get on the flight; 2. If I did get on the flight it would have cost about $1000; and 3. If I decided I needed to leave early via Syria and Jordan (which was part of the plan actually) I would not have been able to use the Amman-Heathrow portion of my return flight to get back to London. So that left Plan C which was to explore more of Turkey and make a quick side trip to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. This was my flight on Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to Adana (Turkey's fourth largest city).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home