11 November 2006

Chennai, as seen on TV



My only concerns with Chennai were where I was going to sleep and where I was going to eat. I wanted to stay at the Broadlands Lodge and eat at Sangeetha, both as seen on my favorite travel show Globe Trekker. Broadlands was easy, it's listed in Lonely Planet. It's in an amazing old building that I spent over an hour exploring this morning.



Another view.



The view from the roof.



Sangeetha was harder. I had nothing to go on but the name and a picture I took from the TV. I found out that Sangeetha is a chain and that there are 18 of them around Chennai, but I wasn't sure if my Sangeetha was part of their group because they didn't use the same font for their signage. The first Sangeetha I went to told me basically where a few others were. The second Sangeetha told me that what I was looking for was not part of their group. The search was getting stupid but I decided to try one more and I think it was the right one although the inside seemed a little different. The outside is quite close, the sign freshly painted.



Sangeetha as seen on TV.



The search wasn't all hard work. I took the time to eat at each one. ;)
This is called a Mini Tiffin, basically a sampler of stuff for breakfast.



Onion Oothappam.



Pineapple pudding.



Tomato Oothappam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home