11 November 2006

My last few days in Sri Lanka



I set out looking for more variety in Sri Lankan cuisine. I didn't really find it but I did find a nice place to eat called Green Cabin. I had been going to their sister restaurant called the Pagoda Tea Room for Pineapple Gateau cake which is amazing. I originally went to the Pagoda Tea Room because it is where Duran Duran filmed part of their video for Hungry Like the Wolf. I ended up going back again and again for the cake. So with time to kill and being very hungry I decided to go to the source of the food at the Pagoda Tea Room which was Green Cabin. They had a nice all you can eat buffet of Sri Lankan food for about US$1.50 with the selections on offer changing daily. It is very similar to the Udupi Indian restaurant my family enjoys in Phoenix. Of course I saved room for a couple slices of Pine Gateau after my every meal.









One my last day in Sri Lanka I finally tried a lunch packet. It was really good, and it included mango curry which I had heard was good but until then never had a chance to try

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home