01 September 2007

Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna




A major detour in my trip to see a Vermeer I missed my last time here in Vienna.



Another Museum with antiquities looted from Ancient Egypt



A forger at work?



This room gives me the creeps



An exhibit on the money of Latvia!?!? Hey, I have some of those! The 500 Lati note at the bottom is one of the most valuable banknotes I know of. It would be worth about US$1000. I'm wondering if any countries have a larger banknote in general circulation?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, wow... disembodied heads on pedestals... The second and fifth ones in the front row are the worst.

What's with the "ambient" lighting? Was there creepy music playing, too?

24/9/07 8:55 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Ha! I knew if there was one picture from this last trip that you would comment on, that it would be this one! I even thought about this in the Museum; "Here is a picture for Michelle". The room really was lit like this, and thankfully I was able to trick my camera into giving me a good exposure. Sadly there was no creepy music.

24/9/07 10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hee hee! You know me too well. ;)

25/9/07 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home