14 July 2008

Big Sky Country



Big sky country; what does that mean exactly? I like big skies, Arizona has big skies, New Mexico has big skies, Sri Lanka is THE big sky country, but what about Montana? That's what I'm here to find out.



A sign at a highway rest stop provided some clues.



But most of the Montana I've seen so far looks like this.



I missed Harlowton's famous 4th of July rodeo but when I stopped by there was a small rodeo going on anyway.



Passing through Helena I saw what looked to be an enormous mosque. I couldn't believe my eyes! But it turned out to be a Shriners auditorium that is now the Helena Civic Center. Now I understand the Shriners liked to build their "temples" in various Islamic styles but a 16 story tall Turkish style minaret on a theater!?! I think that's a bit much.



A visit to Grant-Khors Ranch National Historic Site gave great insight into Montana's ranching history.



A Beaver Slide Hay Stacker on Grant-Khors Ranch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home